Our attorneys at Fong Ilagan have decades of experience to help guide you through your immigration process. If you want to find a competent green card attorney in Houston, then our firm is the right choice for you. We understand that acquiring a green card is one of the most complex parts of the law, but we are here to offer you the assistance you seek.
How to qualify for a green card
You can be eligible for a green card through your family, refugee or asylum status, employment, or some other special provisions. If you want to apply for a green card in the U.S., you must be eligible for one of the immigrant categories, have a qualifying immigrant petition filed, have an immigration visa, and be admissible in the U.S.
For families in and out of the U.S., immigration is a matter of great difficulty to understand and navigate. We are here to help you understand the process and find a way back to your family. We are passionate about uniting and reuniting families, and we want to assist in the best way possible.
Green card petitions
If you want to be eligible for a green card through family, you must:
- Be a relative of a lawful permanent resident
- Be a widow or widower of a U.S. citizen
- Be a fiancé or a child of a U.S. citizen’s fiancé
- Be a close family member of a U.S. citizen
- Be a victim of abuse who is a relative or spouse of a U.S. citizen
A green card is just one step away from citizenship. If you want to become a permanent resident in the U.S., we recommend you choose to hire a green card attorney in Houston to help you directly during this process.
Benefits of a green card in the United States
There are a certain number of benefits if you hold a green card in the U.S.
- You can attend any university for less tuition fee
- You can sponsor your relatives including spouse, parents and unmarried children under 21
- Your travel becomes easier in and out of the U.S.
- Your career opportunities improve as well
- You become eligible for Social Security benefits
- You can also contribute to political campaigns
As a permanent legal resident, these are not the only benefits you receive, but you can have so much more than that. We can help you put together an application and avoid any roadblocks along the way.
Consult with a Houston green card attorney
We provide immigration services for many industries, including oil and gas, technology and engineering, healthcare, research, marine transportation, airline operations, athletics, media, and plenty more. You can contact our attorneys to find whether we offer services in your industry and see how we can help you.
Our team at Fong Ilagan assesses your situation and helps you decide which immigration category you qualify for. Find the best green card attorney in Houston at our firm and start your journey towards a better life in the U.S. with your family.green card attorney Houston